Sunday, March 11, 2018

Muse #256

I seem to be squeezing my cards in at the last minute for the Muse challenge these days, even when I know almost immediately what I want to create after seeing the new challenge on Monday morning.

Anita Bowden gave us this beautiful anniversary card for Muse #256.



I was inspired by everything: the color palette, vellum sentiment banner, gems, floral flourish and heart elements.




I'd come home from a crafting retreat last weekend with a few extra die cuts, including this floral heart shaped bit of loveliness. A heart shaped mask was placed on the scalloped square panel to guide my inking, keeping more saturated color in the center and fading out to the edges and then the die cut was adhered directly onto this panel. 

A few small flowers are added onto the panel and were perfect for holding my Avery Elle sentiment banner in place.




The centers of these extra flowers are highlighted with Pretty Pink Posh jewels.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

8 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love the colors. It looks subtle and inviting. Something you would want to frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card, Jacquie ! I love this beautiful heart die cut, so stunning over the blue blending. Love also the addition of the die cut flowers with the blue gems in the center. Really stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on Anita's card design. I too love the colors of it and you truly made a wonderful anniversary design. All the flowers with the gems are so pretty added to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous take on Anita's card, Jacquie! I love how your soft blue ink blending peeks through your beautiful die cut heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, your heart is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, and ooh again! This is gorgeous, Jacquie. I love that gorgeous heart die cut and the faded inking looks wonderful behind it.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!