Friday, April 22, 2016

Muse Christmas Visions #41

My creative mojo and creative time haven't been playing together very well over the last couple of weeks, but I think Cornelia's card for the Muse: Christmas Visions #41 might have finally pushed them into sync again.



Cornelia's card is everything I love colorful, clean and clever!


Northern lights was the first thing I thought of when I saw this card. One of my sister's lived in the Yukon for many years and I dreamed of seeing the northern lights on my visits, but we hardly got a sunset before the sun was rising again for the next day. Even my long ago trip to the high Arctic for a job interview was in the summer. See if you can find Little Cornwallis Island on a map and try to imagine working there over a long, dark winter. I don't think my husband will ever really forgive me for turning down that opportunity.




The PTI Waves cover plate is cut in white and black and pieced back together to make the snowy hill and dark night sky, with some of the white panel inked in rainbow colors.

The Memory Box fawn die is adhered so that the feet are flush with the paper and the head popped up. I love the way it's head is slightly tilted, looking up at the bright & colorful night sky.




A sentiment from PTI Rustic Wreath stamp set finishes this card.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

13 comments:

  1. Oh my - jawdroppingly beautiful!!!!!! This is one of the most awesome Christmas card I have ever seen! I am so glad I inspired you to make this beauty!!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at MCV - your cards are always a pleasure to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is awesome! What a creative amazing take! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, that's what I thought too when seeing your card...WOW. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great interpretation of northern lights! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally outstanding! Love the design and I immediately thought of Northern lights when my eyes feasted on your card!
    Thanks so much for playing at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this! You have knocked it out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aurora Borealis!! all the way! Jacquie this is outstanding!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Jacquie! Loving this gorgeous take on the Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god!! This is really beautiful!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I join the chorus of...wow, this is totally wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me, too… wow! What a fabulous backdrop for the sweet fawn. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Very creative sky.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!