Friday, January 23, 2015

Merry Monday #142: Houses + Card Concept #27: Love + Inkspirational #74: Ombre

I have a couple of cards to share today. This first one is for the Merry Monday Challenge #142: Houses.




I took the white & red palette and trio of houses from the inspiration photo and used them on my card, selectively cutting a panel with a Memory Box Country Landscape die.



The Baker's Twine and red button are also details taken from the photo and the card is finished with a PTI Rustic Wreath sentiment,

This second card is for The Card Concept #27: Love challenge based on this pretty inspiration photo.




There were so many different ways to go with this challenge and in the end I went with a Clean & Layered card. The panel is inked with Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Barn Red Distress inks before cutting the MFT High-Rise letters and the hearts.




The letters and hearts alternate on a piece of black twine to make a sweet sentiment banner that sits on an embossed panel. This is another Paper Studios embossing folder I manipulated a bit to get the vertical stripes. The orientation of the folder would have given me a horizontal stripe, but if you take a look at my last post here, you can see how I lined up the partial second embossing of the panel. 

A touch of clear Wink of Stella on the hearts finish this card.

I am also entering this card in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, where this week Simon Says Have a Heart, and the Inspirational Challenge #74: Ombre. This is a new challenge for me, but I couldn't resist joining in the fun.


Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog




Thanks for the storage tips and organization ideas that you have passed on. It is a work in progress, but up to now I have stored my stamps by manufacturer and have decided to try a hybrid system with more organization by theme. 

Instead of breaking up stamp sets I am making an inventory of all stamps and dies using Evernote (thank you for the suggestion Ardyth!) and I feel like it is already paying off. The little heart die I used on this card came from a MFT Accent It - Calendar Components die set that I didn't remember had a heart.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


19 comments:

  1. The colours are stunning against the Kraft background! Very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea the way you've hung those LOVE letters - looks fab in ombre.Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE both of your cards, Jacquie!!! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday and The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your LOVE on a banner is so festive!!
    Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacquie both of your card are so gorgeous--love those white house and the twine is fabulous. Your ombre letter also gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at thee Cara Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am loving the gradient colors on kraft card stock! Gorgeous design, Jacquie! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Have A Heart” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacquie I do wish I had a large alpha set like this... fabulous gradient coloring! Love the Christmas card, too... think of the stash you'll have in 12 months??!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards today, Jacquie. Especially love the first one, as that die remains one of my all time faves. Cute to have the glitter along the edge. I was meant to make something for this challenge today, but it did not happen--hopefully tomorrow, as I have an enormous stash of house stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... two beautiful cards! I love the hills and touch of glitter on the first one and the second is a great use of ombre. The brown embossing makes it look like the love banner is hung on a wood fence. Thanks so much for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty that little white snow scene with the red baker's twine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how the ombré LOVE letters just pop against the kraft! So pretty, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, those little houses are so cute, Jacquie!!! Lovely CAS X-mas card!!!
    The bright pink on the kraft looks lovely!! Love your love banner!!!
    Have a lovely Sunday afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are wonderful Jacquie, but I love the wintery scene you created for Merry Monday, thank you for play along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are fabulous. I am loving all that white space on your Merry Monday card, as it makes your images just pop! Your ombre letters are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the clean and simple card with a touch of glitter! Both card are beautiful! Thanks for playing with us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty cards! For your "love" card, I tried for a look like yours but I was not good at creating the variation of color on the letters like you did so I had to switch it up! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!