Thursday, December 11, 2014

Merry Monday #138 + Simon Says Bling & WCMD prize winner

Today just did not go as expected, and I am much later than I planned posting the winner of my World Card Making Day 2014 Winner Blog Hop prize.

I want to give a huge, heartfelt thank you to everyone that commented on the Blog Hop post and welcome those that have starting following my blog. And now to the prize winner! My Random Number Generator picked post 17, which is Kathy Mc.


Following you also, Jacquie!

Congratulations, Kathy! I will be in touch with you regarding delivery of the Altenew Gift Certificate and prize box.

I can't post without including a card and every year, when I think I'm done with Christmas cards, Stefan will ask me for 2 or 3 or 10 to use at work. I decided to use Merry Monday Challenge #138 and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge to Bling It On to inspire this card since I had a silver glitter paper wreath sitting in my die cut pile.


   

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


After using gold glitter thread to tie the joy sentiment circle to the wreath, it is adhered to a scalloped vellum circle on then onto an embossed panel.




Before I go today, I have to caution you about leaving half finished craft projects where you husband might feel inspired to do something with them. A long while back I bought the letters to make my own version of the Pottery Barn Noel sign but things didn't go the way I'd hoped and the project was abandoned. The other day I found this waiting for me in the garage.




Not quite what I had envisioned :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

16 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jacquie! I've been so busy mass producing Christmas cards I haven't been reading blogs. Got your awesome email though so will email you back now. I'm SO excited. Love your "Joy" card - so sparkly. Your DH had good intentions...just not the same as yours. Gotta love him for trying to help out. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! Yes he tried!
    Love your card, just a beautiful design and combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS Kathy :)
    DELIGHTFUL card Jacquie - LOVE the crisp embossing & sparkle on the vellum!!!
    PS - I think it is fun that your husband was inspired to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Kathy! Gorgeous design, Jacquie!! The silver and gold combo can not be any more perfect! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Bling It On” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful Christmas card, Jacquie~the design and textures add up to 'JOY'
    The NOEL sign looks wonderful ~ but you need to take it out of the garage and put it on display ;-)
    Congrats to Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this beautiful, glittery wreath and I love it on the vellum! And that shade of blue is perfect with the silver and gold! Thanks, Jacquie, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this pretty card. The gold, texture, vellum--all add up to such a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous creation! Stunning designs, sentiments and layout! Totally adorable! Here's sending my warm and best Christmas wishes to you and your family this holiday.

    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute! And I love your card! Beautiful colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous and I love the beautiful embossing xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So yummy and elegant. Love the pop of teal in the centre and the silver against the vellum is just gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacquie, love the simple yet elegant design - beautiful creation! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card. Love the embossed BG. Thanks so much for playing along in the Bling It On Challenge with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many congratulations. You have won our challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Please email us at the address in the sidebar of our challenge blog so we can explain how you claim your prize !

    Enjoy !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! I recognize that embossing folder!! So pretty, Jacquie and love that you won the prize!
    Merry Christmas!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo! Is this your year for winning or what?! I just saw that you are the SSS voucher winner, and I'm glad I did because this is a beautiful card. Plus I got a smile and chuckle about your sign story. :) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!