Friday, February 7, 2014

Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary Challenges continued + MIM#151 Take Two

I've been avoiding a couple of things on the "to do" list and having fun playing along with the Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary challenges. You can check out all the details here and join in on the fun and potential prizes.

This first card takes another color & sketch combination from the Day 1 challenge.


Sketch-5

Color-2





Vellum and Aqua Mist panels are die cut with the Edgers #2 die and layered to form a base for the HAPPY banner. I snipped the banner between the letters so that I could curve it - it was easy to hide the cut edges under the enamel dots.




My second card pairs these two recipes:


Sketch-3

Color-1




I am linking this card to the Make It Monday #151: Drop Shadow Die Cuts. This is a little bit different take on the technique. I cut the "thank you" die with both the Terracotta Tile and Hawaiian Shores cardstock and snipped the HS piece into two words and layered one on top and one underneath the TT die cut.




The other challenge colors are brought into the card by using stamps from Funky Florals to anchor the die cut in the corner.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

9 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous. I really love how you made a banner on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are fabulous! I adore your interpretation of both sketches and the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Jacquie! I just look at the colors and sketches and shake my head. You made them work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both wonderful Jacquie! For some reason once we get past 3 colors I struggle with the challenges! But you just run with it and make gorgeous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab cards- especially loving the bright colours on your first and the amazing banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes and yes!!! I love the banner with its alternating twine and delicious dots. Love the colors and clean lines of both cards; even though you have a lot going on, they still feel clean! Awesome! I need to get creating for the MIM and 7 yr challenge... so many ideas, so little time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, wow. WOW. WOW!!! You are on a creative rock and roll, Jacquie!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are WOW! I love your first card and your festive banner, so fun. Can't wait to give that one a try!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!