Thursday, February 13, 2014

Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary Building Blocks of Design Challenge

The anniversary celebrations continue at Papertrey Ink and today's challenge is called Building Blocks of Design. A roll of the dice told us which design elements to include.

Mine were:

  • Color #1 - Hawaiian Shores
  • Color # 2 - Raspberry Fizz
  • Color #3 - Aqua Mist
  • Neutral - Vintage Cream
  • Occassion - Congratulations
  • Technique - Spray Mist (noooooooooooooo)
  • Embellishment: Brad
  • Fiber: Thread
  • Sketch: 5
Spray mists are my kryptonite - I don't have many and really don't know how to use them or control them, but since one of the colors I do have (Heidi Swapp Primrose) seemed to be close enough to Rasberry Fizz, I played along and sprayed the card base.




I realize as I post this that I added a couple of elements, using an embossing folder on the Aqua Mist panel and a few streamer die cuts that have been sitting in the pile of unused die cuts for a little too long.




I loosely tucked the thread behind the sentiment flag - a detail that I have seen around quite a bit lately and really like.

I am hoping to be back with at least one more card later tonight.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

6 comments:

  1. Pretty card!! I love the way you added the thread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love the dice roll idea! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card...Love the misting and the streamers was a brilliant add! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the misting and the streamers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out fantastic, Jacquie. I probably would have re-rolled so I didn't have to use the mist. ;) I didn't get the chance to enter many of the challenges at PTI but they look like they were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous. I love those little skinny die cuts you used, too. I ended up buying this die, because of something else you did with it, and then forgot where I pinned it and have yet to use the dies. Great job with the spray mist too.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!