Saturday, February 8, 2014

One More for the Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary Challenges

I was hoping to get a bit more crafting time this afternoon, but was only able to make one card before heading out to run a few errands.

Once again I paired a color combination and sketch from Day 1 of the Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary challenges.

Color-4

Sketch-2


As I looked through my cardstock scraps I found a couple of pieces of Summer Sunrise and Orange Zest Hello Sunshine die cuts. I cut a few more and arranged them on a circle base.



Once the circle of rays and green ground were all adhered, the entire panel was embossed at an angle.  I'm loving that Michael's now carries Lifestyle Crafts Embossing folders and am slowly building my collection.

The Pure Poppy sun is embossed to match the rays and popped up with foam adhesive.




A Hello Sunshine senitment is heat embossed to finish the card off.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

6 comments:

  1. oh my...what a stunning card. So bright and just so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the embossing adds great texture- lovely sunny card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquie--I came to your blog to congratulate you on your shout out about your banner card. And, found this beauty. LOVE it! And, it has inspired me with an idea--I'm going to CASE you--I hope that's OK. Check my blog tonight for a shout out from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lovely embossed sunshine would brighten anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for this sketch. Love all your PTI cards.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!