Saturday, February 15, 2014

Muse #54 & CAS(E) this Sketch! #64 + Simon Says Get Krafty

I had time for a quick couple of cards today. This first one was inspired by the Muse Challenge #54 card from Therese Calvird. I love her watercolored flowers but don't have any stamps that echoed the feel of them, so went in a slightly different direction.




I am always in need of birthday cards, so pulled out a few of my Tim Holtz Mini-Blueprint stamps to heat emboss and watercolor.




On of my favorite details on Therese's card is the small flower stamp next to the sentiment, which led to my little streamers tucked under the stamped panel.




I really loved the way Therese's stamped panel was wider the the card base, so trimmed my card base to 3 3/4" wide and keep the panel at 4 1/4" so it will still fit in a regular envelope.

As soon as I saw the CAS(E) this Sketch #64, I thought of these hat & glasses brads that I picked up at a local stamp store last year (and sadly Stamping Details is closing at the end of this month). I had stored them on a tag along with a bow tie created with a slight trimming of an Avery Elle bow die.




As I flipped through my stamps, this great sentiment from Technique Tuesday jumped out and just seemed to be perfect.




I am also linking this card up to the Simon Says Get Krafty challenge at the Simons Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


16 comments:

  1. Hi Jacquie, I'm here to thank you for your sweet comment on my very simply cityscape card and in doing so: WOW WOW and WOW! Your card here - and the others that I've wandered over to see over the past 20 minutes - are absolutely FABULOUS! This one is perfect for the MUSE challenge with mini blueprints. Brilliant, pretty and colourful; not to mention amazing watercolouring. I'm calling winner here! Thanks again for dropping by; I'm going to explore a few more of your gems!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know that I never noticed that the Muse's panel was wider than the card. But it appears that everyone else did! I love this fun punchy take - the streamers are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards! That last one really made me smile, but my favorite is the first one, the way you did the colors on the flowers is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both your gorgeous cards - the designs are fab! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your take on the MUSE sketch. You captured the colors and the feel without using flowers. I don't have any flowers either but couldn't think of an alternative. The little tag on your other card reminds me of Charlie Chaplin. So cute, the card, not Charlie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both awesome, Jacquie! I love your streamers on the first card - such a fun touch! And those brads are brilliant for the sketch! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are just super! I really like the little blueprint style stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lots of fun and a nice departure from the Muse sample.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore both of these! Your take on the Muse challenge is outstanding...love how you maintained the sketchy element and layout but totally made it your own. And your second card is just plain fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are great, Jacquie! I really love your artistic take on the Muse challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both your cards are wonderful, I love how you changed it up from the flowers and used those sketchy images, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Love both of your cards. Thank you for playing along with us in the GET KRAFTY Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow, both of these cards are so great, Jacquie! No, make that spectacular!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both fantastic. Love how you took the inspiration and put your own twist on it. That first card reminds me of the TH stamps I bought and the Memory Box die I bought, all based on something you did a while back--and of course they are still sitting, waiting to be used. Shame on me. And, your second card is truly inspired. A big example of how less can really be more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, Jacquie! I especially love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!