Saturday, February 8, 2014

Muse #53 & RIC#53 + CTS#63 + Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge

I failed miserably at the PTI Timer challenge yesterday, so decided to play around with a couple other challenges. This first card is for the Muse Challenge #53 where Vicki Dutcher provides her first inspiration as the new Design Team member.


.

I love the design of her card and the color palette is perfect for a sympathy card. My initial plan was to take the polka dot and striped elements and emboss a couple of panels, but somehow I ended up with woodgrain and brick.




I struggled a bit with how to bring in the third color until I decided to use a cloud die cut for the sentiment. A Tim Holtz stencil allowed me to add a bit yellow to the background and works with my other elements.




I was completely inspired by Joni Andaya's card for the RIC to pull out my TH Alcohol Inks. I was searching in vain for some glossy paper when I came across my collection of printed transparencies and took a design detour.




I squeezed a couple of drops of the Wild Plum Alcohol Ink on the top of the transparency and discovered it released the black ink from the pattern!!?? To my horror, I ruined the corner of the sheet and had to walk away from the desk for a few minutes. Once I recovered, I tried again on another corner of the sheet adding the ink to the backside.

I also added the Wild Plum to a piece of vellum and a plain transparency sheet to test the color & look. In the end I used all three pieces to layer and form my flower. The center is created with a large clear sequin and small blue sequin.



A vellum tag is embossed and Delecata Gold ink is swiped across the raised pattern. A gold thread from deep in the stash (anyone remember Magic Scraps?) is finished with a couple of purple beads and the Avery Elle sentiment stamped on the card base.

I am also adding this card to the brand new Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge created by my extremely talented friend, Gloria Stengel.




You might know Gloria from her many years with Graphic 45,  or her time on the Spellbinders DT, or her work with Hampton Arts - I could go on, or you can head over to Scraps of Life and get all the details yourself. Health issues have really impacted her ability to create for the last few months so she decided it was time to start her own challenge blog.

Challenge #1 is What's Your Style? and I think this card is a pretty good example of my style even though I don't really have a name for it (I've seen Clean and Fresh around or maybe Clean and Layered?).

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



23 comments:

  1. Great colours and design- very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! I love the gold embossed tag, but then again I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, seriously, if you don't win the RIC challenge, I'll be up in arms, Jacquie! Honestly, you took my breath away with this beauty, especially that vellum tag!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I am with Darnell on this one. what a card and this is a winner...just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love you take on the RIC Jacquie. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card you did to showcase your style. I love the flower with shades of plum and also the gold on the embossing. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous !

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your card. The purple flower you created is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! I'm so excited that you joined us for the launch of Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I hope you come to play often! Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so pretty!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm...love these rich colors and the butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along in the very first Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge. Hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sunny take on Vicki's Muse - thanks for joining us! And you got the colour exactly right on the RIC card - Wild Plum - I'll have to look into that! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards -- so glad I was able to inspire you! Thanks for joining in at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your cards, especially the last one. That flower is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! That flower is marvelous and what a way to ace the challenges! Thanks for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, love how you achieved the depth of the alcohol ink on the acrylic....Thanks for joining us at our first challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jacquie, you have your own, unique style! Your name is now a craft verb! Both cards are great, but the one with purple, wowza! I see sequins! And oh the pattern and purple! With gold! Thanks for playing along for our first challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous! And thanks for your support over the years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the flower you created! So bold and vibrant! Thanks for joining us at the RIC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice cards, thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What Gorgeous take Jacquie! Love the tag background the pop of purple. Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cards, Jacquie! I especially love the one you made with the CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome take on both challenge! Love that funky tag and gorgeous layered purple flower! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely beautiful flower! I love the use of the patterned transparency. Thank you for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards and what wonderful ways to combine challenges! Love!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!