Saturday, February 1, 2014

Muse #51 + SSS & CAS(E) This Sketch #62 + Stenciled OCC + LIM Rainbow


I have two cards to share today - this first one is for the Muse Challenge #51 where we are inspired by this card from Marion Vagg. I'm really enjoying playing with some of the techniques from the Stenciled class at Online Card Classes, so used a little modeling paste and distress inks to create
 my chevron/zigzag pattern at the bottom of the card.







I  never seem to have any masculine cards when I need one, so used Marion's basic design, but added a little twine instead of the floral elements. This will also be linked up to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge to use twine or string.




This next card is for the CAS(E) This Sketch! #62 challenge.





A Tim Holtz stencil and four Distress Inks blended to create this rainbow. The stamp is from Technique Tuesday and highlighted with my Wink of Stella (yay - I finally found it in a local scrapbook store).



A few colored gems finish the card off.

ETA I am linking this card to the Less is More Rainbow challenge - my first time playing along with them.





Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


26 comments:

  1. I love your cards, Jacquie! They make me want to try some stenciling as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome. I love your stenciling! I need to try some of these techniques. It was great having lunch yesterday! Thanks for my bday gift! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my...both of your cards are fabulous. Love how you used the stencil, may just have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both absolutely fantastic cards!! Especially love the rainbow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Muse card - I can see that everyone who's everyone is getting into this embossing paste - it looks great! Thanks for joining us this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! Love your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rainbow and the distress inks added to the modelling paste chevron. Gr8 cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job with your stencil techniques. They even highlighted your "celebrate" card. That one also qualifies for the challenge at Less is More - rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's one great masculine card, Jacquie, there's so much delicious texture and I love the twine 'clip'! Your rainbow card is simply stunning ... so wonderfully CAS... I love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of your cards! I too tend to be lacking in masculine cards so I tried to make some more during Stenciled. We sure learned a lot of wonderful techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards, Jacquie! I love how you inked up the embossing paste on the first card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes with Twine or String!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your rainbow stripe card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE (love, love) your LIM rainbow card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful cards…love the rainbow effect (and the Wink of Stella) on card #2! I haven't attempted the modeling paste or stencils, but I'm inspired to try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are great, but I especially love your second one! Wow! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the rainbow stenciling--great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally gorgeous cards! Love the stenciling and rainbow. FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome rainbow - congrats on being a CTS favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love both of your cards. The stenciled card for the LIM challenge is extra fabulous! What a great take on "rainbow"! Would you kindly send me the name of that stencil? I need it. lol.
    slan.zal@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie - I used the Tim Holtz Burlap stencil on this card :)

      Delete
  20. Congratulations on the Favorites win from Case This Sketch, Jacquie! Yippee!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!