Sunday, February 23, 2014

More Quilts for CTD280 and Curtain Call: Cozy Quilts

Once I finished the card I posted yesterday, I couldn't resist using up most of the Taylored Expressions Circles Cutting Plate pieces sitting on my desk. These cards are being entered in the Color Throwdown #280 challenge and the Curtain Call February 15: Cozy Quilt challenge.




This first one is the same card design as yesterday's, but with a different quilt pattern and another great Avery Elle sentiment that can be used for a multitude of occasions.




I wasn't really planning on making this third card, but when I laid the partially used dark blue die cut on top of the partially used light blue one I was intrigued by the design that was created. Instead of cutting another white base, I used the green base I already had.




These quilted panels were not that time consuming to make. I popped all the pieces out of a white die cut and then adhered it to a panel that is a smidge smaller. This rectangular panel is run through a Xyron first, so completely covered with adhesive.




One at a time, I lay the colored die cuts over the white one and poke the pieces I want to adher directly onto the panel.




My favorite is still the "thank you" card I posted yesterday, but it was fun to play around with the patterns.




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

12 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous! what a great set of cards. Love it! Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I want that cover plate. The different ways you've inserted the color makes for so many different designs. And to use the Xyron and then push the pieces from one panel to the next is brilliant and a great time saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you started a run. I went looking for the cutting plate and it's out of stock. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are so fabulous. I love all the different patterns you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, all three of them! Beautiful colors and designs. So cleverly made! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of that! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are All fabulous!! Aahhhh.... The patience of playing with the design and colored pieces... Happy you did!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all gorgeous! Just a fabulous diecut and great use of those CTD colors! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacquie these are amazing! I love your design ....I am not good with this kind of design so I am in awe ....beautiful ,

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all stunning! I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!