Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fusion #3 + CASual Fridays #127 + CASology #81

This simple little Valentine is eligible for three different challenges. It all started with the Fusion #3 photo and sketch, then the CASual Fridays Challenge #127 : Over the Edge and CASology Week #81: And both added to the design.







The Fusion sketch reminded me of a Valentine bag I made last year with overlapping hearts as the closure. I decided to rotate the sketch and make a modified gatefold card. The 4 1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock is scored at 4" and 9 1/2" to make the card base.




I used a couple of dies and a punch to make my patterned paper hearts. The first red dot heart was adhered flush with the bottom of the card base and the second one hangs off the top of the base. Second hearts are adhered to the back of the panel so that a full heart is visible when the card is opened.



The sentiment heart is popped up with foam adhesive, allowing the middle set of hearts to interlock and slip under it to keep the card closed.

My Wink of Stella brush adds a really pretty sparkle to the inset sentiment heart. My computer isn't cooperating right now to add that photo, but I hope to edit the post & add it later.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie






18 comments:

  1. Love it. I saw this on Pinterest earlier and was like wow, that's cool....and I see it is yours! I love love love the kraft and red combo, too! Please come and play at Craft Hoarders....http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/02/welcome-to-our-first-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever look at a card and ask yourself, 'why didn't I think of that'? So perfectly clever and festive and well, all around great! Can you tell I love it Jacquie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever, fun design! The hearts look so pretty against the kraft card! Thanks for playing with Fusion this week,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design, and I love the red and kraft. Thank you so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever creation that fits all the 3 challenges. Love the interlocking idea to close the card too. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooooh look at that clever fold!!! sweet hearts!! Love the interlocking. I am so boring, I am not worthy, LOL.
    I do need to squirrel away these ideas. Thanks so MUCH for joining us at FUSION and at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card Jacquie. Love the sweet little hearts with Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how this closes with the hearts stacked up, really sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is AMAZING Jacquie. What sweet card...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally love how this closes. Wowza! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever card, Jacquie! Wow! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jacquie, what a cool way to close the card and I love your CAS design. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your heart elements that extend beyond the edge, Jacquie! Super creative! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and clever, Jacquie! Great way to get something off the edge AND give it a purpose too. Thanks so much for playing with CAS-ual Fridays and the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cool! thanks for playing CFC!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!