Friday, February 21, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #65+ CTD280 + Seize the Birthday & Card Concept #4 + Wplus9 Trend Watch


I have a couple of cards to share today. This first one was inspired by the CAS(E) this Sketch #65, Color Throwdown #280 and Seize the Birtthday Anything Goes challenges.






I thought the sketch was perfect for using these Elizabeth Crafts candles dies I picked up last fall when visiting my parents in Victoria. I used white cardstock and inked the candles after they were die cut.




The candles are popped up and tied with a piece of navy twine. A little selective masking allowed me to use the Throwndown colors in the sentiment.

This next card combines the Card Concept Challenge #4: Use a Floral Theme with Wplus9 Birthday Celebration Week 3: Trend Watch.




I tried my hand at a Clean & Layered card using Fresh Cut Florals and a few Memento VersaMagic inks.




For the Trend Watch, I used a little piece of washi tape to ground my mason jar and a number of sequins scattered throughout the bouquet.




I love that these iridescent sequins take on the colors around them.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

15 comments:

  1. LOVE both of your cards, Jacquie! Those candles are so fun and your mason jar filled with flowers is very pretty and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie, your card is so GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those big funky candles, Jacquie, but I love the sentiment even more. Who is it by?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a PTI sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday stamp set - very easy to mask and use multiple colors :)

      Delete
  4. Jacquie two gorgeous cards as usual, I love how those WPlus9 flower fit perfectly into the jar!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Jacquie. Love those colorful candles... the greeting is awesome stamped in different colors... oh, those flowers are lovely in the vase. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous. I love them both. I especially love the way you inked that first sentiment, getting all the colors for the challenge. And, I continue to swoon every time I see a bouquet made with those WPlus9 florals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacquie, both cards are gorgeous, your candles are too cute, love the shape of them and tying them with twine is perfect! Of course that bouquet in the jar is awesome too! Thank you for sharing your fun card with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards, Jacquie! I love the first one for the sketch -- it's fabulous! And I love how you added sequins to the second one -- the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a talented girl!! Thank you for playing with us at Color Throwndown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE the candles card!!! Well done Jacquie! I agree you are very very talented! Thanks for playing along with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Love that birthday card. Fabulous candles, colours and design. (The other card is great too!) Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the sketch, Jacquie! LOVE the texture and color on the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling, the sequins are the perfect touch!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, Jacquie! Love your floral-so fresh and a wonderful reminder that spring really is coming! Love the sparkle added by the sequins. Your birthday candles are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!