Wednesday, March 13, 2013

CAS-ual Friday + Paper Smooches + MFTWSC115

What did we do before cell phones & texting? Our school commute was turned upside down last week when the local light rail train was suddenly and very unexpectedly taken out of service. Day two of using the new Express Bus service and it is late, so while I wait for my daughter to text me an update on their location I am going to try post a couple of cards.

The Paper Smooches sketch and CASual Fridays Challenge to color block combined nicely to create this card.




The images are from PS My Peeps stamp set and colored with Copics, fussy cut and added to the card stock panels.


Display our button




CFC93: Use blocks of color in your Clean And Simple creations.
As always, projects are NOT limited to just cards :)




My second card is for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club at Splitcoaststampers - you can find all the details on the MFT Forum.



I used the cake image from the MFT Who's That Birthday Girl stamp set, masking and stamping the single candle stamp numerous times - I really love the look of the uneven candles! They are colored with copics and the flames sparkle with Stickles.



Dear Daughter is almost at our meeting point, so I have to run!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

11 comments:

  1. I just love both of your cards. The colors are so rich, bright and saturated. It is like a burst of sunshine on my screen. Bummer about the trains...It's hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Jacquie! Love the bright colors and fun images! Hope the commute issues get resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, wow you went all out! Love these bright cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of the stickles to the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so cute! sweet cards! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the overlapping shapes :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your color blocked card using the PS sketch. What a great idea that little yellow block is. I see your snowy conditions, we here in Germany had a blizzard early on this week too (never have that). So we've got snow outside. Again. But at least the sun comes out during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, love the toucans on your card, and the yellow intersection! Neon looks so great on kraft. Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week, Jacquie!

    Here's another question, what did we do before the internet?!? Answer: a lot more housekeeping! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun cards! Love the brightly colored birds! Thanks for joining us for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards...I love the bright cheery colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TWO fab cards-- love the colors for each! LOVE how you created that first one with the different colored squares! CLEVER!!! FAB take on the sketch! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!! Hope you will join in the fun again this week:)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!