Thursday, February 7, 2013

Papertrey Ink 6th Anniversary Challenge Take Two

I managed to make another card for the Papertrey Ink 6th Anniversary celebrations - you can find the details over here at Capture the Moment

This time I took inspiration from Design Team member Danielle Flanders. I have to admit, I thought her border die cut was colored with ink when I first saw this card, but love that it is made from cardstock scraps. I followed Danielle's tips from this blog post and had my card made in no time at all.




I admit to keeping even the tiniest scraps of PTI cardstock, so had plenty of bits and pieces to choose from in making my card. 





I did change the orientation of the card and the moved the top sentiment to the left side, but there is no question where my inspiration came from!

It looks like I might get away with a little late night crafting for the next week or so - just no heat embossing or hammering.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors against the black and gray! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a brilliant case. I love what you did with that border, and your star tag is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, this is so fabulous, Jacquie. Love your card with the little star tag~so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so totally love this! I'm with you on the PTI cardstock, no piece is too tiny for me to save : ) I've had their sampler packet for a year and a half now and have not used an entire sheet of any color except the bright pink! This reminds me of the birthday card I just posted too, with joining together the die pieces, and using the "you" script die. I promise I didn't see yours earlier, otherwise I certainly would have given you credit! : ) Love how you hung part of the sentiment. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!