Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 - January

Are you familiar with the 12 Tags of 2013 challenge that Tim Holtz has on his blog?

Well, a real life friend of mine, the Frugal Scrapper,  has partnered with a local scrapbook store, Ever After, to run a year long challenge based on Tim's tags. Ever After is offering a discount of Tim's products just for participating and you will be entered in a monthly random draw to win a $10 gift certificate.

It was enough for me to get a little inky and messy this morning.





The Distress Inks I used were Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. I substituted a flourish die for the gears and embossed it with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing powder. This leaves a much different result and texture than regular embossing powders and gave me the rusty texture I was looking for.




I caught one end of the filmstrip ribbon in the bullnose clip and twisted it under the sentiments panel where the adhesive can't be seen.




I used a small piece of leftover ruler ribbon at the top of the tag - this ribbon is extremely stiff and not easy to manipulate into a knot!

A few Tim Holtz gears finish things off. Can you pick out my big mistake?!

I had planned to link this tag up to Tim's blog, but I am pretty sure it has to be 100% his product. All my gears, regardless of manufacturer, live together in one place. Because I'd used Glossy Accents to adhere the gears to the tag there was no going back when I discovered one of the metal pieces shouldn't be here.

Thankfully Ever After only requires 80% Tim Holtz product to be eligible for the random draw!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

3 comments:

  1. Oh you made an AWESOME tim-style tag! I just went to his site and pinned his January tag today so that I could put the EA challenge on my to do list! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such fun. And, I know that store. Years and years ago, I used to buy all my scrapbooking stuff there, before I discovered how fun and easy cards were.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!