Wednesday, October 24, 2012

eek! this one's going to a few challenges

I wasn't sure who should get top billing, but a few challenges have been floating around,and they all came together today in this card.




First I saw the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #58 Halloween & Ribbon, so I had in the back of my mind I wanted to use ribbon.

Next, I knew the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge was Over the Edge, so that influenced my card design.


CFC75: Create a Clean And Simple card or tag with an element that goes over the edge.


Then I saw the color palette for this week's Colour Q challenge, which fits perfectly with the RRR58 Halloween challenge.



I love the ribbon banner in the inspiration photo and decided to create my own version of it.




I was frustrated trying to get a good photo of the May Arts black pompom trim that is the base of my banner. Fibers and ribbon from my stash are tied to the base and it is adhered to the main panel.

A few bats were punched for the top corner of the card. Yes, I said punched because when I created bats out of a holly punch last week I should have dug a little further in the basket and I would have discovered an old EK Success bat punch hiding there.




The last challenge this card is heading to this one at Moxie Fab World to use Alphabet stickers. These are felt Thickers that have a nice texture for Halloween. The exclamation mark is finished off with another bat.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


15 comments:

  1. What a fun card. I love your ribbon banner. And, how fun to use a bat for your exclamation point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!! Love all the textures with the ribbon and yarn, and those mondo letters are the cutest!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Jacquie - so adorable! I want to make one of these IRL, but your mini one is awesome! So happy to have you play at the colourQ with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this? Cute, spooky and colorful! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the ribbon - very creative! And, I confess, I liked the holly bats better! This is really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wicket fun is that?...is eeking fun! Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!!!! i love the ribbon pennants and bats. great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool design this is! Love your take on the inspiration photo! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS! Love the bold colors and design! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very cool...love all the wonderful elements and the bold use of color!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week and sharing your creativity:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeek is right, you mada a mini banner--fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeek!! I love it!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun card, Jacquie, love the fiber banner! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PERFECT! thank you for joining us at the colourQ ; )

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!