Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day take two

I contemplated making two identical Mother's Day cards, but decided that would be no fun {grin}.

Instead, I went back to the MFTWSC sketch from last week. I was away for 4 days and just didn't have time to make anything, but I LOVE the sketch and really wanted to use the MFT Vertical Greetings set again - there was a  new set in the May release and I didn't hesitate to add it to my shopping cart.


Here is a look at the sketch:


And my creation:



The dark pink color is not quite pink/not quite peach, which made it a bit of a challenge to match the flowers. The Coach store is calling this color "geranium", but this isn't what I picture when I hear "geranium" - is it what you picture?




I continue to dig into my stash for embellishments. The resin flower & some of the paper flowers are Recollections from Michaels and some are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The pearl swirl is a little leftover bit from somewhere. All the papers are from Echo Park Victoria Gardens 6x6 paper pad.

I stickled the edge of the die cut panel and the sentiment circle for a little sparkle and some of the edges were inked with either Memento Tuxedo Black or Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie







2 comments:

  1. Totally STUNNING! This is really professionally put together! I am in awe! Love the papers and the die shapes. And no, not the color I see in my mind. It's like that Copic marker that they call marigold but it's purple! WHAT?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how this turned out! I have this set too and you've inspired me, (again) to get this out and do something with it!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!