Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day means Dim Sum Yum!

My dear family surprised me big time our first Mother's Day in southern California by finding a great dim sum restaurant.

It has become a tradition for us to go every year, and anyone who is a fan of good dim sum knows that waiting in line is part of the game. We will head down there in a few minutes armed with books and iPods, but the wait will be worth it.

While I'm off enjoying the dim sum delights, you can check out what I've been working on this weekend.

Dear daughter has a multitude of friends with spring and summer birthdays, so I'm trying to build a little stock of girly cards for her to choose from.

Once again, I used the MFTWSC sketch challenge as my starting point.

 

I followed the sketch pretty closely, using papers from the Echo Park This & That Graceful 6x6 designer paper pad. The stamp set is MFT's Who's That Birthday Girl, and I loved using the Mini-tab die again.


Instead of using ribbon or paper for the bottom panel running across the card, I layered a lovely soft green Washi tape with a zizag chevron pattern. I love the translucency of this tape!

It was easy to match up a second piece of tape to make the width I wanted - notice how the translucency changes with the layers. 


A few buttons from the stash embelish the bottom corner.

A little glitter pen highlights the flame on the candle. This was impossible to get a good photo of - May grey is the well kept weather secret of coastal southern California, but I didn't want to wait for the sun to come out to post {grin}.


Finally, I finished off the inside with scraps and another sentiment.


Hope you found some crafty time this weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love everything! Did you see, I used this sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie thanks for stopping by my blog today, I have containment but now I need to start putting things away. I have a little bit of a garage sale pile going... and know I will have more. It's tireing but I'll get there!
    I really love today's card. I have this stamp set, may have to dust it off... I've used it only once. I also love that you are doing the insides of your cards. something I need to do more of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love the washi tape and its translucency! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!