Tuesday, April 24, 2012

PTI glitter die cuts challenge

I am a fan of Papertrey Ink products and was inspired to try their glitter die cuts challenge this week.

I had to make some invitations for my dear daughter's birthday party that is fast approaching and was determined to glitter them up.



I started by pulling out the only Sizzix/Ellison thin cuts alphabet set I still own - Block Party. This set almost always gets pulled out for school presentation boards and occassionally for a scrapbooking project. I think this is the first time I have used it on a card.

I ran some white cardstock strips through my Xyron first and then diecut the number "15" so that the adhesive was on top of the number.


I then glitter the tops of the numbers using a superfine glitter that was picked up at a Scrapbook Expo several years ago - what I didn't purge, I am determined to use!


This really is about as mess free as you can get with glitter!

I had one clear vision when I started - dear daughter's birthday is May 1st, or 5/1, so my plan included at play on "15 on 5/1", but as often happens, things headed off in an entirely different direction.

I used my Spellbinders Labels Sixteen to cut a base for the "15". The paper is just more of the white cardstock stamped with a Glitz Designs musical notes distress stamp & Turquoise Gem VersaMagic chalk ink.


The label is then attached to a base cut with my most used, favorite Spellbinders Nestabilities: Reverse Wonky Rectangle. 

A glitter circle ribbon from Michaels is wound around the die cut and a few decorative pins finish off the front panel (using that stash!).



It's hard to see in this photo, but I outlined the Label in Stardust Stickles. I decided to outline the bigger diecut as well after taking this photo.

The large clear pins I colored with a Copic to match the paper.


I added a few beads to the smaller clear pin - a dab of glue or a glue dot will hold the beads in place.



A quick peak at the inside of the card shows you I used 2 different sizes of the Reverse Wonky Rectangles to cut the information pieces. Everything is inked with the Turquoise Gem. The paper on this page is from Prima - it was very hard to use it, but I am so determined to put my hoarding days behind me!


So guess what? I did glitter a diecut, but I didn't use any Papertrey Ink products, so I can't enter this in the challenge!

Come back in the next couple of days to see the card I am making for dear daughter's birthday - I promise it will have a PTI glittered die cut.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of glitter! I got some on me from a few miles away! LOL Great job with the colors and the pins....love it!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!