Sunday, April 22, 2012

it's not the lion king

My dear daughter requested a lion king card for a birthday today?!

Hmm, I don't have any lion king stamps, or even lion stamps, and no zoo or animal print papers. I thought about downloading a computer image, but didn't want to violate any copyrights.

What's a mom to do, but ignore her dear daughter and play with the stamps she wants to, especially when the new to me à la mode Birthday Girl from My Favorite Things is sitting on my desk.

I decided to use the MFTWSC sketch at Splitcoast Stampers as the starting point for this card. Here is this week's sketch:



I love this birthday girl!


Isn't she sweet?

I used designer papers from My Mind's Eye (On the Bright Side) and Basic Grey (Wander), along with my oval Nestabilities, a Fiskars border punch and the Loopy Bloom die from MFT.

Copics and a Spica glitter pen round out the supply list.

Here is a close up of the glitter work. I wish I'd completely fussy cut around the image, but was afraid of decapitating the poor thing!



On the inside, the Papertrey Ink Zipper die creates a hiding spot for a gift card. Forever 21, H&M, iTunes and Starbucks are the most popular gift cards in dear daughter's circle right now.


I hadn't picked up the gift card yet, so the diecut is just laying in place for this photo.



In other news, dear husband just came in and told me our neighbor killed a rattlesnake in his back yard!! There go my plans for doing some yardwork today - I'm staying inside!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

1 comment:

  1. It turned out great and much better than the lion idea. And I am no longer sorry I forgot to bring you the stamp! This is so cute!

    Eeeewwww on the snake!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!